Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Feature: Time to Waste Some Time

The first year after I retired, I had nothing but time. My schedule, for the first time in my adult life, was of my own making.

A year later, I started teaching again and, in what now seems like the blink of an eye, my hours filled rapidly. Because I enjoy what I do, work quickly -- and frequently -- bled into the evenings and weekends.

Although I'm getting better at reclaiming evenings and weekends, I still struggle sometimes with the sense that I should be doing something more useful with my time.

In her blog in Success, Megan Nicole O'Neal reassures me that I'm not alone. She didn't write it just for me of course, but for all the adults who feel we need to milk every minute of every day.

Maybe, just maybe, we don't. Or, as O'Neal puts it, "...even the most determined flame can’t survive without oxygen."

Remember to waste a little time, for your own good. And, if you see me, remind me to practice what I preach.

No comments:

Post a Comment