Saturday, October 7, 2017

Saturday Special: My Misplaced Friday Feature

Here's one way to know you might be just a tad distracted or overextended: you write a blog post and put it up on the wrong blog! This post appeared in a timely fashion yesterday...on my Organizing by STYLE blog!

I blame it on Mom excitement. Knowing my daughter was coming home for the weekend, I planned out my Friday schedule to include all the usual stuff and all the necessary preparations. Clearly my focus was split.

I don't blame it on age or stupidity or ineptitude for a variety of reasons...but for the most important one, read on!

Do you talk to yourself? As it turns out, that might not be a bad thing. Founder and CEO of WordSmithRapport Karima Mariama-Arthur cites self-talk as one of the "5 Things You Need for a Successful Mindset."

Not just any self-talk, though. Mariama-Arthur echoes the sentiments of therapists everywhere when she encourages readers to make that self-talk positive, as its accumulation contributes to our sense of who we are. The conversations we have with ourselves -- internally and externally -- lay the foundation for so much more than day-to-day decisions; they can set us on the path to achieving the things that matter.

What will you tell yourself today?

No comments:

Post a Comment