Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday Feature: 17 Quotes from Stephen Hawking

Anyone who's known me for any length of time knows math and science aren't my pursuits. Those same people have probably also heard me say that I had a fantastic physics teacher, and that if Mr. Faubl couldn't teach me physics, no one can.

My lack of ability in physics doesn't mean that I'm not fascinated by science, though, and some of that has to do with not just Mr. Faubl, but also scientists who brought their ideas into the mainstream.

One of those scientists is Dr. Stephen Hawking, who passed away on Tuesday. That day, I found an article in Inc. by one of my favorite business writersPeter Economy, featuring 17 of Dr. Hawking's quotes. One of the quotes was particularly appropriate for a positive psychology class I'm teaching, so I copied it and used on my slides for Tuesday's class:
"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. Where there's life, there's hope."
Indeed.

Want to read the other sixteen quotes? Click here.

Rest in peace, Dr. Hawking.


No comments:

Post a Comment